Our Core Commitments
1. Real People
We are committed to…
Living in the Spirit
We believe that the life of God comes to us through the Holy Spirit. We want to experience God’s manifest presence as we worship and pray in the Holy Spirit. We see the Holy Spirit’s ministry and gifts in the life of the believer and the church as a key to holiness, fruitfulness, and effective mission, as every member is thoroughly filled with the Spirit, walks in step with the Spirit, and flows in the anointing and ministry of the Spirit.
Building the Church
We believe that God plans to change the world through His church, the Body of Christ. We therefore want to see relationship at the heart of how we are called to build together: celebration of believers’ baptisms and breaking of bread at the center of our fellowship, the release of every member-ministry and Ephesians 4 ministries as keys to God’s mission, and church-planting as a call of God in expanding His kingdom.
Seeking the Kingdom
Christ’s primary call on our lives is to be a people who are centered on Him and seeking His Kingdom. We therefore are determined to seek God’s Kingdom 24/7, in our families, at work, in leisure, and in the family of the church. We want to keep being transformed to be like the King. We want to preach, live and demonstrate the gospel of the Kingdom, attending to issues of injustice, poverty and bonding in society.
Focusing on Mission
We believe that God is on a mission to demonstrate His love to His world, to redeem the world from its sin, and to gather a huge family to Himself from across the nations. As God’s people, we must be on the same mission. Therefore we want to be proclaiming the Good News; demonstrating the Good News in every aspect of culture and society; seeing lives transformed by the power of Jesus; living the Good News; serving God in whatever nations of the world He leads us to.
2. Real Change
We are changed by…
God works through natural and spiritual family to give us a place of belonging, love, joy, security, friendship, vision, and care. Fatherhood and motherhood are key to strong healthy families! We believe God created men and women to work together to demonstrate His dominion, but also believe God has placed a special responsibility on men to act as spiritual leaders at home and church.
Anointed servant leadership, as Jesus taught it and modeled it, is vital to build up everyone in the body of Christ, and help all to grow to full maturity and fulfill their God-given destiny. We recognize the importance of spiritual fatherhood. This is a vital aspect of apostolic ministry and is a key to building family. The model for all leadership is Jesus himself.
Generous living and giving is a key to individuals and communities enjoying the blessings of God. Tithing is a starting point for giving, to the local church of which we are part and where we are cared for spiritually. We see tithes as sustaining the ministry of the church. We also provide financial support through specific offerings to bless those ministries and organization with whom we are conntected.
Discipleship is a key to growing all of God’s people into maturity, so that each one can play their full part in the purpose of God’s Kingdom. We encourage strongly the fostering of relationships of discipleship where personal pastoring and mentoring are key. In our view, this is essential.
Ephesians 4 Ministry
We believe that receiving apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers into local churches brings increased vision and spiritual impact, and provides good care, counsel and accountability for local church leaders.
We encourage an atmosphere of working together with other churches. We believe that it is one mark of healthy churches to relate to and receive from others. This enables the wider Body of Christ to be built up, and allows Christ’s mission to be more fruitful.
We value the diversity of leadership and different models of church. We believe this helps us to understand and enjoy the richness of the body of Christ, and we want to live in an atmosphere of respect and mutual appreciation. This diversity is a positive, edifying feature of the Body of Christ!
3. Real God
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgment.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ — born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; His ascension to the Father; and His reign and mediation as the only Savior of the World.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers — given life by the spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.